As part of the new Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) it is important we make you aware of the following:
- Why and when we collect your information
- How it is stored
- How it is used
- How it is kept secure
Surrey Youth Theatre Godalming is the data controller and we are responsible for your personal data
When do we collect personal data for you and your child?
- We may receive your personal data through our website, email, phone number or in paper form in the following scenarios:
- When your child attends a taster session at one of our weekly sessions
- When you book a holiday workshop
- When you purchase tickets to some of our shows
- When you contact us with enquiries
What information do we collect?
- We ask for your name, your child’s name and your address.
- Your child’s date of birth, their age, school year and any medical conditions.
- Your phone number and email address.
Why do we collect your personal data?
- The name of you and your child: so that we can address you correctly and also for our class register.
- Your child’s date of birth: so that we can stream your child into the age appropriate class; in the case of an emergency; for costume size guidance.
- Your contact number, email and address: so that when your child is in our care, we are able to contact you; to communicate important class and performance information including invoicing and term dates; to keep you up to date with upcoming workshops and offers; to process ticket orders.
- Your child’s medical details: so that we are able to adapt sessions accordingly if necessary and also to allow us to react appropriately in the case of an emergency.
- Your child’s name, address and medical details: as part of our Child Safeguarding Policy
What Information do we share with Third Parties?
We don’t sell, trade or share any personally identifiable information with third parties unless required by law in the case of our performers under the age of 16.
This excludes trusted third parties who assist us by operating our box office services (The Little Box Office) and subscription fee banking (PayPal) and in the case of the LAMDA examination board for those taking LAMDA examinations.
- We use a third-party provider, MailChimp, to deliver our newsletter. For more information, please see MailChimp’s privacy notice on their website.
- For some of our shows, ticket sales and payments are managed by The Little Box Office. When you purchase a ticket (or tickets) through The Little Box Office online your name, address data, email and contact number will be stored in the Box Office system. Please see The Little Box Office’s privacy notice on their website.
How do we protect your information?
- Your electronic data is stored on one work laptop which has password protection
- Your child’s name is listed on a paper class register. In the absence of the Artistic Director Laura Davies at the session, your emergency contact number may be listed on the class register so that in an emergency; the class teacher may contact you. The class register is destroyed safely after every session and is only seen by the class teacher.
- Your enrolment forms are secured in a three lock filing cabinet at the business address.
- Once your child has left the youth theatre, we delete your contact details, other than the email address which is stored on our mail chimp newsletter list if you gave us permission to do so. You can unsubscribe from this at any time.
- Hard copies of your contact details are shredded.
Access to your personal information
It is very important that the information we hold about you is accurate and up to date. Please let us know of any changes.
You are entitled to view, amend, or delete the personal information that we hold. Email details to Laura@surreyyouththeatre.co.uk.
Finally if you have any concerns about the way we are collecting or using your personal data, or you wish to discuss anything in this privacy notice, please contact Artistic Director Laura Davies firstname.lastname@example.org